A Sales Order can get into backorder state after performing Pick Release on a Sales Order but there are many reasons for a Sales Order to get backorder. Today I will list the possible reasons for a Sales Order to get backorder.
- Order on Hold
- Inventory Period NOT open
- No enough on-hand quantity
- No enough quantity to reserve/transact
- No on-hand quantity in required sub-inventory
- The Lot from which items are selected is inactive/expired
- Wrong Item reservation (even inventory have enough quantity)
- Inventory reserved for other sales orders
- Inventory picked-up by other sales orders
- Previously done return to stock not properly performed
- Move order is in pending state
PS: This is not the end of the list, there will be many reasons for a sales order to get backorder. I will keep this list updated as and when I come across some more new reasons.
If you are aware of any more other reasons for a sales order to get backorder then please do comment, I will update the list with your name.