This is a common question for a every fresher. To help them, here in this post I have summarized in few points which I am aware of.
Role of a Technical Consultant in a Support Project:
- Triage tickets, if it is related to you, take it to your queue and update it with necessary information
- Work on existing tickets assigned to you as well as follow up on tickets for speedy closure of tickets
- Document the fixes made as per the process and standards defined by the client
- Prepare test case document specific to the issue raised in the ticket
- Check-in the final version of the code to Version control tool
- Follow up with My Oracle Support if any SRs are raised
- Prepare Status Reports
Role of a Technical Consultant in a Implementation Project:
- If possible involve in requirement gathering and help Functional consultant to come up with a perfect solution to a problem
- Estimate the Design, Development and Unit test time for the give object.
- Develop concrete design document for the proposed solution.
- Develop the object and discuss with Functional consultant regularly on the progress and give module wise demos to be on sync.
- Check-in code to Version control tool on regular basis
- Modify design document if there are any change in design.
- Involve in INT, FUT and VAL testing.
- Prepare Unit test documents.
- Prepare Status Reports.
Feel free to comment if you know any additional points, I will update them.
Also Read this article: What is the role of a Functional Consultant in Support and Implementation Project?